This article gives you an overview of the HILTI X-FS Formstop technology and how it can help you save at least one day* per slab casted at your jobsite.
What is the Formstop Element?
The HILTI X-FS Formstop is an alignment element, which can be used to support the formwork used for casting of a column. Instead of the traditional starter, which requires about 24-36 hours to set before the formwork can be aligned for pouring of concrete, the Formstop element can be installed and formwork can be aligned immediately for concrete to be poured for column casting.
What is the challenge that we see at jobsites today?
During our interaction with a lot of customers – builders, as well as structural consultants, below were the challenges that we identified at jobsites:
- The starter concrete used does not have a specific grade of concrete
- Badly constructed column starters
- Honeycombing effect in columns at the bottom
- No guaranteed strength of the column starter.
What problem does the Formstop element solve?
- Monolithic structure: With the Formstop Element, you are ensured of eliminating the variation in Concrete grades between the Column Starter & the casted Column. Thus, you are sure that there is a monolithic structure being casted, ensuring higher overall strength.
- By saving one day per slab casted, you are able to save one running day cost at the jobsite – which can be a significant saving in the overall project of multiple slab casting
- You are saved from the hassle of arranging small amounts of concrete for column starters, paying high amounts to RMC for the same and other such problems due to traditional column starters.
- Lastly, it does not matter if you are an Owner, or a Contractor or a PMC, you are ensured Quality, Productivity & Time Saving at your project – thereby enabling you to carry out more number of Projects in a year than what you’re doing today!
We, at HILTI, are pioneers at introducing state-of-the-art technology across jobsites, that provides superior performance and helps improve productivity, safety & quality!